Data Scientist – Forecasting, Premium Analytics
We are looking for an experienced data expert to be part of a small but growing team that specializes in quantifying the business outlook for the Spotify Premium business. This is a highly impactful role where you will be an essential part in driving the direction and development of the in-house user forecasting models, leveraging large scale data from across the organization to provide accurate impact estimates on a global scale for senior business stakeholders. As part of your role you will build a deep understanding of the Premium business performance and enable better decision making across the entire organization.
What you’ll do
- Further develop a sophisticated forecasting framework and model as part of a team, including collaboration with other Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Data/ML Engineers across the organization
- Analyse and explore alternative approaches to current methodologies and drive improvements to forecast accuracy and execution
- Support the alignment of the forecast with the overarching business strategy outlook and financial planning process
- Work from our office in Stockholm
Who you are
- You have a Ph.D. or M.Sc. in relevant quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics
- You have at least 3 years of Data Science work experience, a background with forecast/prediction modeling or similar is a plus
- You have a strong coding background for analytics and data purposes (including SQL) with experience writing code on a daily basis in languages such as Python/R, Java and Scala
- You have previously performed analysis with large datasets in a cloud based-environment, preferably with an understanding of Google’s Cloud Platform
- You are used to communicating data heavy insights through leveraging visualization tools such as D3, ggplot, Tableau, Qlik.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will mean a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.