Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Spotify is seeking a specialist in business intelligence, data visualization, and analytics to join the band. To help us achieve this, we are looking for someone to build an efficient analytics data suite, monitor performance with impactful dashboards and visualizations. You will be joining a centralized insights team with diverse skillsets.
The role is highly impactful. You will directly contribute to support millions of Spotify users around the world.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with leadership on key business initiatives and impactful research.
- Design, build, maintain, and iterate on a suite of lasting visual dashboards to track metrics and enable self-service data discovery.
- Team up with data scientists to design datasets and metrics to measure user engagement and product/feature performance.
- Collaborate with data engineers to build and own the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible.
- Proactively collecting requirements and feedback, educating the teams about new data products, and voicing support for the team’s work.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key partners through clear visualizations and presentations.
- Set the standard and elevate others to build efficient data pipelines and impactful visualizations and dashboards.
- Contribute to the broader analytics community at Spotify by setting high-quality standards.
Who you are
- You have 3 years of experience in a similar role and are passionate about using data visualization for storytelling.
- You have a very high level of expertise with Tableau Desktop software or similar tools (e.g. QlickSense, Looker or PowerBI).
- You own a portfolio showcasing data visualization projects, specifically, business-centric dashboards e.g. Tableau Public, PowerBI Gallery etc.
- You capture requirements from a wide range of partners, including an executive audience, and distill those down into meaningful plans.
- You are a communicative person who values building positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- You craft analytics data layers and conduct base ETL with extensive data sets.
- You possess a good command of SQL.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others, and you can explain sophisticated topics in simple terms.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
You will be working from our awesome headquarter offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.