Spotify is a dynamic company with an ambition that every decision should be data informed and every feature be fueled with data. To make this happen we invest heavily in our data infrastructure. The Data Infrastructure tribe work closely with the engineers and analysts throughout the company to support them with their data needs. Our product catalog ranges from the basics of event delivery, storage, and processing to A/B testing infrastructure and real-time visualization of data.
For enabling us to turn terabytes of data into insights, we need great data to start with. Your team will significantly impact data-informed product design by designing and developing the data to observe, understand and impact the way the world experiences music through Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a team of skilled engineers and an experienced product manager. They are all passionate about crafting high-quality datasets that drive improvement in our user experience through insights and machine learning backed products.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers across the organization. The collaboration will enable you and the team to provide the data and data infrastructure to help Spotify meet its short and long-term goals, in terms of growing our understanding of the audience and creator experience on Spotify.
- Devise and analyze large data sets concerning how Spotify data analysts, data engineers, and product managers are using our data and data infrastructure. This will ultimately generate learnings that will help us drive continuous improvement in the products and services that we provide within data infrastructure.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key partners, helping to activate data best practices in the analyst and engineering communities across all of Spotify.
- Work from our offices in Stockholm
Who you are
- You have 2-5 years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or another quantitative discipline.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders.
- You know how to understand and take on loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights.
- You have a deep understanding of how to instrument products to accurately capture user and system behaviors through data for a wide variety of insight and product development use cases.
- You have experience in data modeling and crafting datasets to be used by analysts and product development teams.
- You have the competence to perform advanced analytics:
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets in a cloud-based data processing environment (such as HDFS, GCP or AWS)
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SQL or Hadoop)
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing or significance testing)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.