We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. As a Data Scientist, our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of music and listeners to impact the strategy and direction of Spotify. Together with us you will study user behaviour, evaluate strategic initiatives and experiment with new features. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s consumer experience across platforms and partners
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights on user behaviour that will help drive product and design decisions
- Lead and project manage insights work, including supporting the work of more junior colleagues
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work from our offices in Gothenburg.
Who you are:
- You are a great storyteller – by drawing insights from data and turning this into a meaningful story that non-technical stakeholders can understand.
- You have experience in a similar Data Analyst role and a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or another quantitative discipline
- You have a strong business sense and are motivated by achieving impact through insights work
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems and lead insights work
- You are a communicative person that values building positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You have the competence to perform advanced analytics:
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, or Hadoop)
- Statistical competence (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Gothenburg, Sweden, where this team resides. Spotify offers relocation packages to those not already based in Gothenburg.
For our international applicants: Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city, located on the west coast just 20 minutes from a world-famous archipelago. Our office is right in the heart of the trendy inner city district.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.