The Content Platform is the backbone Spotify’s audio catalog: ingesting music and podcasts to the platform, enriching it with metadata, building systems to discover and organize knowledge about creators and content.
Data Scientists in Content Platform operate across the three following product areas—working on projects from infringement detection and content moderation to experimenting on listeners’ appetite to discover famous covers and estimating the value of different types of metadata.
If you are a creative data scientist interested in flexing your CS and ML skills, this may be the right challenge for you.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Develop a deep understanding of how product and platforms influence user behaviour
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams, making and give recommendations when needed
Who you are
- You know how to scope and solve loosely defined problems and come up with actionable insights to guide product development decisions
- You have a deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, psychology or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python or Scala), experience with analytics tools (Pandas, R, SPSS or SQL) and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
It is a plus if you
- have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modelling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modelling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)
We’re looking for Data Scientists to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level and platform you fall within at Spotify.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.