We are looking for a creative, passionate Data Scientist to join our Content Knowledge team. Our team’s vision is to map the world of audio – to help creators and industry professionals find each other and to help fans get lost in music. We envisage a future where we present our users with an unparalleled depth of knowledge about the music they love – and where we enable those users to submit information that helps us learn even more. To help us achieve our vision, we’re looking for someone to help us systematically and scientifically analyse the data in our catalog.
As a Data Scientist, you will work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, researchers and designers who all share a passion for making Spotify the most complete and accurate platform in the music industry. Your work will have a direct impact on both the consumer and artist experience at Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Define and create analytics for the Spotify catalogue
- Develop a robust understanding of the completeness, correctness and consumption of key areas of the Spotify catalogue
- Collaborate closely with researchers, engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and identify product opportunities
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in personal development time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
- PhD, MSc or equivalent degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or another quantitative field
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Extensive experience manipulating and analysing complex data with SQL, Python and/or R. Knowledge of Google BigQuery and Java/Scala is a plus.
- You learn quickly, and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York