At Spotify our mission is to provide the world’s best platform for artists, creators, and fans. The Content team at Spotify is responsible for driving many business critical and innovative strategic initiatives, including developing commercial relationships with artists and labels, partnering with podcast and video creators, and understanding how users discover and consume music, podcasts, and video.
As a Data Scientist for our Content team, you’ll get the opportunity to explore listening behaviors across millions of music fans, and help translate those data patterns into insights that will inform the decision making and strategic planning throughout the company.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive content decisions
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Take a lead in utilizing data to form insights that guide our burgeoning content strategies, and help senior decision makers understand the landscape we work in
Who you are:
- You have a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You have at least 3 years experience in a media, tech, finance, or consulting role performing data analysis
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- You have a deep understanding of numbers and business models, and experience extracting insights from large datasets to drive key business strategies
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- It is preferred that you have the technical competence to perform data extraction and analysis:
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Experience with SQL or R
- Data Visualization experience (e.g., Tableau, Qliksense)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.