Spotify is a fast-moving company with an ambition that every decision should be data-informed and every feature is fueled with data. To make this happen we invest heavily in our data engineering and insights function. Our tribe works closely with mobile developers throughout the company. We also focus on the end users of our mobile products and how they experience our product from a technical perspective, striving for speed, efficiency, and reliability for our apps. Client Platform strives to bring a great experience for our mobile developers, as well as stable and reliable mobile products for people to enjoy.
You will study user behavior, support new product decisions, understand our strategic initiatives and bring data and insights into high impact business collaborations. You will significantly impact how Spotify works with observing, understanding and impacting the way the world experiences music through Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of skilled engineers, data scientists, user researchers, and product managers who are all passionate about creating a world-class experience for all our users and employees.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key stakeholders, helping to activate data best practices in the Client Platform teams as well as the analyst and engineering communities across all of Spotify.
- Define metrics, build and analyze dashboards, reports and key datasets to empower data-informed product development.
- Perform exploratory analysis to understand who our users are, how they get value out of our offering and where we can further develop our product to bring greater value
- Work from our offices in Stockholm
Who you are
- You have 2-5 years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or any other quantitative discipline.
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others
- You know how to understand and seek loosely defined problems and come up with meaningful answers and actionable insights.
- You have an understanding of how to instrument products to accurately collect user and system behaviors through data for a wide variety of insight and product development use cases.
- You have the competence to perform advanced analytics.
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Analytics and visualization tools experience (such as SQL, Tableau, R, Pandas)
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling and significance testing)
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java or Scala)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.