Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
Spotify’s Free Mission is the home of the team responsible for the success of Spotify’s freemium business model that allows us to deliver an amazing free experience to more than 141 million+ users worldwide and deliver user-centered messaging to all 248 million+ users, both Free and Premium.
As a Data Scientist, Ad Experience, your mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights, and get a deep understanding of the world of music and listeners. Together with us you will study user behavior, evaluate strategic initiatives and experiment with new features. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music. We are looking for a Data Scientist, to help us in the following areas:
– How can we drive a better Free user experience?
– How do users interact with advertising through voice activated channels?
– How do we build innovative ad formats across multiple platforms that serve advertiser needs while improving the listening experience?
– How do we engage our audiences with relevant and personalized messages through the right channel at the right time?
– How can we build a cohesive experience for our free users across the messaging and ads landscape?
– How do we accurately measure the impact & effectiveness of advertisements/promotions?
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product owners, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product decisions
- Impact product strategy by leading foundational research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of how product, platforms & promotions influence user behavior
- Mentor and coach other data scientists
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are
- You know how to understand and solve loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide product development decisions
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics & visualization tools (Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, Tableau), and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
It is a plus if you
- Have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modeling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)
- Worked in an analytics role within an advertising function
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.