Spotify is seeking an outstanding Data Scientist to join our Accounting team in New York. Our new team member will bring financial data and accounting systems expertise, working cross functionally with engineers, accountants and additional stakeholders in a cutting edge, data driven and always evolving environment.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team of data analysts, engineers and accountants to maintain and develop systems and processes to support accurate financial reporting
- Work with large data sets, solving complex problems in a dynamic environment
- Work with accounting team members to define requirements for ad-hoc data analysis and reporting, being able to work independently to propose solutions
- Work in an environment with a group of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about Spotify’s success
Who You Are
- You have a passion for solving complex problems through data analysis combined with a strong business and financial acumen
- You have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams to understand and define problems, and articulate proposed solutions
- You have worked in data analytics for a minimum of 2 years with relevant experience with accounting and financial data analysis
- You have a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics over large data sets with experience in Python, SQL and/or other analytic tools (e.g. Pandas, R, SPSS, Bigquery, SAS) and visualization packages (e.g. Tableau, Qlikense, D3)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.