We are looking for a Data Science Manager to join the Premium Analytics team in New York.
As Data Scientists, our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of how people use our apps to impact the product, strategy and direction of Spotify. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
We are fueling our Premium Business growth with data driven insights. Data scientists in this area will be answering questions such as
- How can we accelerate Premium subscriber growth through efficient upsells?
- How do we measure and attribute channel performance?
- How do we most efficiently convert users to Premium?
- How do we prioritize which upsells to show to whom?
- How do we optimize a portfolio of different consumer offerings?
As a Data Science Manager you’ll be a hands-on leader of a team of 2-6 professionals from the Premium Analytics team focused on driving Premium subscriber and revenue growth.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and coach a team of 2-6 high performing data scientists
- Own analysis of large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive business decisions
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Partner with business owners, product owners, and data scientists who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Conduct A/B tests to drive iterative improvement through efficient experimentation
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics
- Contribute to the development of Premium Analytics and the Analytics Community at Spotify
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are:
- You have at least 6+ years of experience in a similar data analyst or data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Direct people management experience with a track record of building and leading expert teams
- You have experience working close to the core business with a focus on driving direct business impact
- Ideally you have experience within one or more of the areas of subscription business, upsell, performance based advertising, pricing, portfolio optimization, user lifecycle analysis
- You have strong business acumen
- You have a deep understanding of numbers and a desire to coach and train others
- You are clear in communication and adept at presenting and explaining complex topics and recommendations in simple terms
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (such as SQL, R, Python, Pandas)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Qlik, D3, ggplot)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building statistical models is a plus
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.