The ideal person for this role is an analytics expert who is inquisitive, authentic, optimistic, and clear. You are passionate about growing and managing a team, and excited to promote an insights-driven decision-making culture. Finally, you are a leader and can motivate and mobilize the team, as well as influence other partners to follow their lead and implement new initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a global team of data scientists that produces actionable insights from large sets of data for multiple business teams.
- Develop tools and scalable solutions, perform bespoke research, and forecast to partner with stakeholders in decisions and drive strategy
- Work closely with various teams and senior leaders across advertising and the wider business, using data to impact their decisions
Who you are:
- You have Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- You have more than 5 years of leadership experience in a combination of data science or strategy roles, ideally with experience in marketing and/or growth product.
- You are experienced in identifying, prioritizing, and getting consensus for opportunities to demonstrate data within a large, rapidly growing organization.
- You have strong conceptual understanding of methods in analytics and data science, and understanding of common roadblocks and technical challenges.
- You possess coding skills (such as Python/R, Java, or Scala) and strong SQL skills.
- You are proficient in one of common analytics tools (such as Tableau).
- You have familiarity with big data processing frameworks like Hadoop or Spark is a plus
- You have proven track record of taking loosely defined problems and creating analytical solutions.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music