We are looking for a Senior Python Software Engineer to help us build our next generation audio processing framework at Spotify. Our mission is to enable teams at Spotify to build models and learn from our catalog of millions of songs as well as our large library of podcasts. In this role you will work closely with our research and machine learning teams at Spotify across missions including personalization, music recommendations, and ads targeting. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
What you’ll do
- Build frameworks in Python to support large scale audio processing on top of Apache Beam
- Design such infrastructure under the constraints that come with scale in regards to correctness, usability, interpretability, experimentation and maintainability
- Become an expert on leveraging existing state-of-the-art data processing tooling such as Python Apache Beam, Google Cloud Pub Sub, and Google Bigtable
- Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others in building new product features
- Gain a deep understanding of various models and techniques for audio processing used by our stakeholders.
- Work together with our stakeholders to help define and drive new features forward
- Determine the feasibility of projects through quick prototyping with respect to performance, quality, time and cost using Agile methodologies
Who you are
- You have in-depth development experience with Python
- You have experience building libraries, frameworks, or other infrastructure
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Google Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You preferably have open source contributions to share with us
- Skilled communicator and have a proven record of leading work across disciplines
- You have an interest in learning more about audio processing and music information retrieval
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.