The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening.
Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
We are looking for data engineers that will build data-driven solutions to deliver music and digital media experiences to our 100 million active users by analyzing our on-platform usage data, understanding our data from an off-platform perspective and improving the accuracy and precision of our data. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Continuously design, develop, and test data-driven solutions
- Work with state-of-the-art data processing frameworks and technologies
- Help drive the company-wide advancement of Spotify’s data infrastructure, tooling and processes
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating performance
- Collaborate with software engineers, ML experts and others
- Work in cross-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your squad’s mission
- Work from our office in Boston, Massachusetts
Who you are
- You have a proven record of personally taking large data projects from ideation to implementation
- You have experience architecting and operating large data pipelines
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data with distributed systems such as Hadoop
- You are an expert in one or more higher level JVM-based data processing frameworks like Crunch, Scalding, Storm, Spark and Dataflow (not just Pig/Hive/BigQuery/other SQL-like abstractions)
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You are passionate about creating clean code and have a strong foundation in coding and building data pipelines
- You preferably have worked on open source or other data related projects
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.