Spotify is looking for a Data Engineer to join our engineering organization. You will be a part of enabling our current and future premium offerings to effectively drive revenue growth for Spotify.
You will build data-driven solutions to bring music and digital media experiences to our 200 million active users and millions of artists either by working directly on product features or by improving the quality of our data tools and infrastructure. You will also take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available — user behavior, content, cultural and contextual data, and other signals across our broad range of mobile and connected platforms. Above all, your work will influence the way people experience music.
What you’ll do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark on Google Cloud Platform.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and other stakeholders, taking on learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in cross-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You have significant Data Engineering experience and you know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You have experience with one or more higher-level JVM-based data processing frameworks such as Beam, Dataflow, Crunch, Scalding, Storm, Spark, or something we didn’t list- but not just Pig/Hive/BigQuery/other SQL-like abstractions
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration and partnership within teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.