We are looking for a very motivated data engineer to build the framework of data reporting and analysis for our licensing partners – Labels and Publishers. This is a great opportunity for a data engineer that has worked on the back end of things to gain more business context by working closer to the partners and business.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and maintain a “licensing specific” data infrastructure, which captures all data points needed by the licensing external partners and by the internal licensing team
- Design, build and maintain the standard reporting for licensing external partners (major labels and publishers). For examples: top charts, free trial conversion, market share, top search, active users etc
- Partner with licensing data scientists to drive business insights on labels and publishers
- Partner with licensing data scientists and the broader licensing team to drive partners business reviews
- Design, build and maintain ad-hoc solutions and data pipeline to gather relevant data across the sprawling data infrastructure of Spotify
- Become the center of excellence for data collection, data taxonomy and data filtering specific to licensing partners.
- Drive automation of standard reporting and distribution wherever possible.
Who you are:
- You are self-driven and have a good understanding of the business and communicate well with non-data colleagues.
- You are interested in being the glue between engineering and analysis and feel comfortable working in a business oriented team.
- You are Innovative and able to come up with new solutions to very tricky problems
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding
- You know Scala and Python language
- You have experience in developing/building data pipelines (batch or streaming)
- You are familiar with ETL (extract, transform and load)
- Tools and infrastructure such as GCP (google cloud platform) is a plus, as well as familiarity with Amazon or Azure cloud.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience, i.e. software engineering working with data analysis, data modeling, data processing as well as
Great role if you’re interested in making a change!
Questions? or Interested in Learning more? Contact Andrea Silvestrini @asilvestrini@Spotify.com