Spotify is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure and Operations org. You will take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available — user behaviors, acoustical analysis, revenue streams, cultural and contextual data, and other signals across our broad range of mobile and connected platforms. Above all, your work will influence the way people experience music.
What you’ll do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience working in a product-driven environment
- You are experienced with Java
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.