Growth Opportunities (GO) is an R&D team in Spotify with a mission to drive sustained growth of Spotify fans around the world and we are looking for a Data Engineer to join us. You will build data driven solutions to bring music and digital media experiences to our 100 million active users and millions of artists either by working directly on product features or by improving the quality of our data tools and data infrastructure.
You will take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse data-sets available — user behaviors, content, cultural and contextual data, and other signals across our broad range of mobile and connected platforms. Above all, your work will influence the way people experience music.
What you’ll do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML engineers and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of partnership within teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.