We’re the Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
We’re looking for someone to join a fast-moving squad focused on experimentation and using the newest technologies to make the biggest impact in our growing markets. We believe that by thinking holistically and acting at the intersection of product, marketing and branding we’ll be able to bring scale, efficiency and differentiation to Spotify’s growth strategy.
We are looking for data engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed data systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build large scale data systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems and continuously improve our engineering practices.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and audio content!
What you’ll do
- You will be working closely with product, insights and design to uncover the next growth opportunity for music fans.
- You will build and run experiments to iterate on new and existing products – delivering many of those user facing features to over 250 million users.
Who you are
- You have strong fundamentals in computer science and previous experience building products at scale
- You have an intermediate to advanced understanding of distributed system architecture, data modeling, data access patterns, techniques, and concepts
- You have a quality mindset, delivering high quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard
- You are comfortable working collaboratively on a cross functional team as well as working project-based and also driving delivery on small to medium-sized initiatives
- You keep users on top of your mind and have a familiarity with high volume heterogeneous data, distributed systems and scalability
- You enjoy learning as well as teaching others and and are passionate about your work while striving towards the goals of the team and ultimately, the Spotify mission — “giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it”
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.