We are now hiring software engineers who are very enthusiastic about data to focus on building structured, high-quality data solutions. These solutions will be used to create a platform capable of handling the financial reporting for all of Spotify’s current and future revenue streams.
Using tools like BigQuery, Dataflow, Pub/Sub and Apache Beam we process millions of subscription – and payment related events on a daily basis to keep track of sales, revenue and cash in the 80+ markets where Spotify is available. We also make use of and contribute to in-house built data tools such as Scio, a Scala API for Apache Beam and Luigi, an orchestration framework for data pipelines.
What you will do
- Explore new ways of producing, processing, and analysing data in order to gain insights into key metrics such as revenue and cash.
- Design, develop, and test data-driven products and features that can handle millions of financial events per day
- Work with state-of-the-art data processing frameworks, technologies, and platforms
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating the performance
- Work with other software engineers, business stakeholders and decision-makers, such as product managers, to build solutions and gain novel insights.
- Act as the bridge between our technology and finance departments and reinvent outdated, monolithic financial processes
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery
- Work from one of our awesome offices in central Stockholm (Sweden)
Who you are
- You don’t like leaving questions unanswered and you love exploring/understanding data
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and testability.
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines
- You love visualising your data findings in a clear and easy to understand way and to capture corner cases of implementations
- You are interested in being the glue between engineering and finance
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.