We are hiring software engineers who are passionate about data to focus on building structured, high-quality data solutions. These solutions will be used to evolve our products bringing better experiences to our 200+ million users and the global artist community alike. We are processing petabytes of data using tools such as BigQuery, Dataflow and patterns like Pub/Sub. When needed, we also develop our own data tooling such as Scio, a Scala API for Apache Beam and Luigi, a Python framework for scheduling.
This role is in the Off-Platform Product Area, which is based in Stockholm and is bridging the Spotify experience into your favorite apps. We identify where we can enrich our user’s apps and habits with music and audio. We work with some of the largest, upcoming, and influential partners in every category to own and deliver the best audio experience. We are in the unique position of being the largest, most personalized music service worldwide and run on every platform. In OPX you will join the ranks of our talented designers, efficient developers, and insightful product owners, to help make an impact in the fastest growing area of the company.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership over the external facing data pipelines that are integral to our success
- Optimize our offerings for efficiency and reliability at scale
- Identify areas of architectural improvement to make remove the potential for human error
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to create innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Build out a testing framework to ensure uptime and reliability of data pipelines
- Understand the analytics data we collect from our systems and how it relates to the business value being produced
Who you are
- You don’t like leaving questions unanswered and you love exploring/understanding data
- You have relevant experience in creating pipelines for large data sets
- You are familiar with ETL
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines (especially in Python or Scala)
- You love to be the bridge between engineering and analysis to have an impact on the product
- You are interested in optimizing workflows and maintaining backend systems
- You seek to participate in continuous improvement efforts such as software development, planning, estimating, developing, testing
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.