Data and information has become an invaluable asset for technology companies that focus on innovation and are dedicated to providing a great user experience. Spotify is taking this concept to heart and driving a “Data as a Product” initiative for its own data consumers within the company. The volume and breadth of data at Spotify is staggering – billions of records of streamed music, app interactions, artist information and user behavior trends flow through our platform on a daily basis. The Vivaldi squad and it’s Tribe are at the center of this initiative. We design and implement new ways and strategies to empower the Spotify community of data scientists, ML, researchers, product designers, fraud investigators, business analysts and the CEO himself.
What you will do
- Understanding what fuels many of Spotify’s product features such as Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, Podcast offerings, holiday campaigns and others
- Working hand-in-hand with the data science community to understand various user or content trends that influence product changes and customer acquisition strategies
- Getting hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform and technology/languages such as BigQuery, Scala, Scio, Luigi, Styx and Docker
- Collaboration on a global scale; our squad offers ongoing opportunities to work in Stockholm with other engineering colleagues
- Cross departmental exposure and flexibility to engage with many teams in the company
- Gaining technical expertise in building a data platform at scale to solve business, product and technical use cases
- Working in a supportive team that offers engineers the flexibility to be creative and chase interesting ideas
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data and backend engineers, analysts, user researchers, product managers and designers
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key stakeholders, engineering and product partners
- … and of course, having fun! Being passionate about what you do also means celebrating milestones within the team and the tribe!
Who you are
- An BS/MS in CS or any other relevant fields of study
- At least 3 years of work experience in the Data Engineering and Big Data field
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Coding skills for analytics and data engineering/manipulation (Scala, Java and Python)
- Strong communication and data presentation skills (such as Tableau, PowerPoint, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets in a cloud based-environment, preferably with an understanding of Google’s Cloud Platform
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems and thrive when working on a team which has autonomy in their day to day decisions
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and multiple stakeholders, and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Ideally you have experience working in a large scale, global consumer product company, in an engineering or insights role
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.