We are looking for a data engineer to join our team in Stockholm. Our mission is to build the technical platform that supports our key company decisions, revenue and royalty calculations, financial performance management and our ability to scale out to new markets and products. You will join a team of experienced data engineers and data scientists who day to day handle some of the largest and most important datasets at Spotify. You will together with the team build data pipelines and draw insights from the data for the whole company.
Some of the challenges we tackle are:
- Design large scale data pipelines (billions and billions of data points) that can retrospectively correct metrics over a long period of time without reprocessing terabytes of data
- Design, implement and operate our company core datasets that have extreme requirements on scalability, flexibility and quality
- Innovate our data products to create a single coherent platform with sources of truth that serve a wide range of stakeholders all across Spotify, from feature teams to our external stakeholders
You will join a team that will challenge and grow your ability to design and build high quality and highly scalable data processing pipelines.
If you want to be in the forefront of technology, handle some of the most challenging tasks in the industry then you are the right person!
What you will do
- Getting hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform and technology/languages such as BigQuery, Scala, Scio, Apache Beam and Docker
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data, backend and ML engineers, data scientists, user researchers, product managers and designers
- Research and Innovate what fuels many of Spotify’s critical financial systems and product features such as Daily Mixes and Royalty calculations
- Gaining technical expertise in building a data platform at scale to solve business, product and technical use cases
- Working hand-in-hand with the data science community to understand various user or content trends that influence product changes and customer acquisition strategies
Who you are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong software engineering and programming experience (Java, Scala)
- Advanced coding skills and practices (concurrency, distributed systems, functional principles, performance optimization)
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with tackling very loosely defined problems and thrive when working on a team which has autonomy in their day to day decisions
- T-Shaped is a plus. You have experience in backend, data science, front end or data visualization
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.