We are looking for an extraordinary Data Analytics Engineer to join the band and help craft an analysis-friendly data ecosystem at Spotify for the Content Business Unit. Our mission is to re-imagine the creator and consumer experience to be the audio-first network for the world.
To help us achieve this, the Data Scientist (Analytics Engineering) will build out an efficient analytics data suite so that we can craft common data layers, build impactful visualizations, and power our predictive models. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
In addition to possessing a strong technical background, you will be a natural communicator who is able to explain complex data and engineering systems to business and data science teams. We also have a strong preference for some modeling and statistical knowledge. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to many functional areas, as well as senior management, across Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Engineer novel data sets and features that gather the dynamics of content consumption on our platform.
- Build new tools to track consumption over time and detect important shifts.
- Visualize data in intuitive and clear ways.
- Support leadership with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
What you bring
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field; advanced degree is desirable.
- 2+ years (5+ years for senior role) of relevant experience analyzing complex data with SQL, Python, Scala, and/or R.
- Experience with feature engineering for machine learning models.
- Knowledge of Google BigQuery and Java/Scala is a plus.
- Comfort navigating complex and fluid organizational structures within a dynamic and global company. You will need to build and maintain multi-functional relationships spanning multiple teams and geographies.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.