At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 61 markets and growing fast!
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to join our growing Fraud Prevention team, focused on minimizing the impact to the business and our customers brought about by fraudulent activity. Working with the Head of Fraud, you will help shape and deliver our global fraud strategy. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will develop in-depth knowledge of Spotify’s data sources and payment systems to gain insight into fraud patterns and drive fraud strategy
- Building relationships and working collaboratively with Spotify’s Engineering, Product and Analytics teams to inspire changes to data sources, systems and tooling that are necessary to deliver on the fraud strategy
- You will support the Fraud team with data-driven research on key fraud initiatives and challenges
- You will introduce new ways to prevent fraud using advanced data techniques
- Work from our office in London with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York
Who you are
- You have experience in a data analysis role, preferably in at least one e-commerce or payments organization
- Experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL, Python and/or R. Knowledge of Google BigQuery is a plus
- You are familiar with processing from big-data frameworks like Hadoop or Spark.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- You are a good communicator and enjoy working closely with your colleagues in a dynamic environment
- You have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced work environment
- If you have previous Fraud experience, we do see that as a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.