The Music Culture & Editorial team is looking for a Dance & Electronic Editor to join their team in the US!
The Editor will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences in the dance & electronic genre. You demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences dance music.
What You’ll Do:
- Curate and maintain a large number of playlists for different subgenres across the dance & electronic space
- Use cultural expertise to manage and lead new programming efforts
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses for the US audience
- Utilize analytics and data to inform curation decisions, identify content gaps and achieve optimal performance of editorial content
- Collaborate with a global and regional editorial team on a variety of projects
- Partner with a cross-functional team to develop playlist brands, marketing campaigns, and other initiatives
- Provide a strong, unbiased editorial voice to build a first-class user experience
Who You Are:
- Experience in music programming/curation, or in an audience-focused role, is required.
- Ability to manage complex technical products.
- Passionate about music trends across the US and Canada.
- A nuanced sense of what music is appropriate for any situation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communicator/team player who can easily work cross-functionally.
- The ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics.
- A strong understanding of, and experience with, Spotify as a user and fan.
- A friendly and warm attitude…we are a very tight-knit family!
- Keen attention to detail.
- A strong propensity to take initiative and absolutely thrive on change.
- Ability to travel when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.