Spotify is looking for a full-stack engineer to put data to work to uncover fan insights for artists on our platform. At Spotify, our client facing sales engineers are known as the Creator Insights and Advisory team. This team works closely with Artist Managers, Industry Partners, and various Spotify product and engineering teams to define and deliver innovative products that help artists better engage with their fans. Whether it is building data pipelines in Crunch, working on Angular-based web applications, or building new and innovative tools with Product managers using anything from Python to BigQuery, the Insights Engineer’s duties will be varied and manifold.
What you’ll do
- You will build data-gathering tools to do competitive analysis among the industry
- You will build data-processing tools to optimize internal processes
- You will transform complex data sets into easily readable and customer-consumable reports
- You will build and maintain Java/Crunch data pipelines
- You will manage the technical and product development relationship with a variety of platform stakeholders
- You will travel on a semi-regular basis to embed with engineering teams in NYC
- You will be self-motivated in regards to task planning and deadline management
Who you are
- You have at least five (5) years previous experience in a customer-facing and technical role, music technology background preferred but not required.
- You have an excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet (internet protocols, scripting languages, database manipulation and reporting tools)
- You have a deep understanding of Python or other dynamic scripting language
- You can demonstrate knowledge of full-stack web application development (be prepared to provide examples)
- You have strong knowledge of Java/Crunch framework and ability to define and write MapReduce pipelines
- You are familiar with online music services and social networks
- You are highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills and highly analytical, yet comfortable with ambiguity
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.