Spotify’s mission is to ‘unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by those creators’.
We are looking for a passionate experienced creative to manage and lead our European Creative Solutions team. Creative Solutions is a global group of thoughtful innovators who solve client problems in uniquely Spotify ways. We are strategists, creatives, story tellers, designers, writers, producers, musicians, music fans, data detectives, and innovators. Our mission is to engage, inspire, and guide brands with data fueled creativity.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic but thoughtful innovator who solves brand challenges with Spotify creativity. This individual will be responsible for being a leading Spotify voice in many external industry moments across Europe, while also being a dependable manager to an pan EU team of ten, who are made up of diverse experience, roles, and backgrounds. The role is based in London but travel to major EU markets is a must when guiding the development of culturally relevant creative solutions that are inspirational and actionable for Spotify sales teams to sell in local markets.
Collaboration is a key value at Spotify, and this individual must partner closely with various Spotify teams in each EU market to develop custom solutions that sell. This role, based in London, reports to the global lead for creative solutions in NY, USA.
What you’ll do
- Be obsessed with the Spotify platform; our data, tools, and products.
- Serve as a creative expert in internal, client specific, and industry-facing meetings and events.
- Champion creativity in advertising on Spotify, inspiring with tangible examples for how a brand can engage audiences with Spotify products.
- Be a people leader, guiding a talented and diverse team of 10 people based across different time zones, with different cultures, across Europe to do the best work of their career.
- Be organized, outlining, coaching and maintaining leadership process for your region and team
- Understand the sales business, being proactive and resourceful in order to achieve sales targets
- Foster a culture of leading with insights, working closely with our data teams to highlight actionable data in our proposals
- Understand and incorporate relevant narratives into external guides for agencies, specifically in guiding creatives and content creators on how to utilize Spotify.
- Generate your own creative ideas, and provide consultation to your team in developing collateral materials for sales teams
- Collaborate with Sales, Creator and Marketing leads to bring Spotify franchise programs to market
- Liaise with internal teams to develop proactive packages tailored to seasons, tentpole events, verticals, audiences and editorial content
- Present concepts to internal teams and to clients with poise and a solutions-selling approach
- Express a consistent, credible editorial voice for Spotify throughout all output; interpret brand partners’ objectives and carve out meaningful places to serve these objectives.
- Build case studies, best practices and champion advertiser success across the Spotify platform
- Travel internationally, specifically Europe (Paris, Dusseldorf, Milan, Amsterdam, Madrid) and US (New York), but at times other Spotify key locations.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience within a creative role for either an agency, publisher, or platform
- You have experience in managing large diverse teams of varying levels, particularly managing a remote workforce
- You have the ability to synthesize and utilize data to help craft a creative story, and you’re excited by the opportunity audio and digital offer to storytelling
- Deep understanding of and enthusiasm for creativity, music, culture, technology, and advertising
- You are experienced with working cross-functionally across multiple stakeholders, with a proven track record of working on creative and innovative solutions for brands
- You are dynamic and resourceful, able to plan for long term initiatives while also achieving and fulfilling short term business needs that make our revenue goals.
- You are a compelling storyteller, at ease pitching your work to internal and external audiences
- You are advanced in Design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote.
- Proficient in multiple European languages a plus
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.