At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 60 markets and growing fast! We’re looking for a highly motivated talent to join our global Conversion team to support and grow our conversion efforts in Japan. The role will be based in our Tokyo office with travel to NYC and Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- You will develop and execute strategic conversion initiatives for Japan with the goal of boosting paid subscriber growth
- You will be responsible for understanding customer, industry, and competitor trends and behaviors in the region (macro, external, internal) and based on that identify and go after crucial elements needed to realize subscriber growth
- Identify and define opportunities along the whole conversion funnel from marketing to payment, working with internal teams and external partners to drive those initiatives
- You will be an important member of the global Conversion team and work closely with our global upsell, e-commerce/check-out and Premium retention teams in executing
- You will be working on Premium growth and retention projects
- You will work closely with other teams in the region (eg. Consumer marketing, PR, Label Relations, Business Development) to ensure that we maximize growth opportunities across all the business levers that we have at our disposal.
Who you are
- You have 5-7 years professional experience with both experience working in an analytical role and environment (eg. management consulting) and at least 3+ years professional experience in the online consumer business, probably in e-commerce, online media or at a mobile startup
- You have a strategic mind and can derive insights, recommendations and action plans from qualitative market trends, consumer feedback, and large data sets
- You are comfortable in getting things done in a larger organization, where you are not always in direct control of all the resources and competencies to get the job done
- You are opportunistic and scrappy and can capture and execute opportunities as they arise, even under very tight deadlines
- You are comfortable with working with online user journeys to test and communicate concepts
- You are very comfortable using a range of tools to analyze and execute online marketing activities (eg. Google analytics, e-mail management, CMS, and ad serving tools) and possess core skills needed to get the job done (eg. basic HTML editing, copywriting, basic design skills). You roll up your sleeves and get the work done
- You have a strong personality, are self-motivated and driven, and are comfortable working remotely with other team members, but even so manage to stay in sync with being an excellent communicator
- You speak Japanese and English
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or a similar degree from a top-ranked school
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.