At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. As Spotify Premium continues its rapid ascend to over 80M subscribers around the globe, we are looking to further enhance growth through our unique relationships with artists and labels. In this position you will be essential in shaping innovative content initiatives, new product offerings and artist marketing efforts that increase and retain our premium subscribers. The role is based in New York with occasional travel to other offices and will report to the Director of Premium Content Strategy.
What you will do
- In this role you will help plan and execute artist and content-related upsell and retention programs and campaigns. This includes working with designers, copywriters and data analysts to create compelling marketing assets; working closely with teams that operate CMS and CRM tools to ship e-mails, push notifications and in-client communications; and coordinating other teams involved in campaign execution like payments, web and performance marketing
- You will be instrumental in driving the idea generation for content-related campaigns through A/B-tests, price promotions, bespoke landing pages and upgraded flow optimizations – from brainstorming to launching campaigns and post analysis
- You will work closely with our analytics teams to drive research and insights on how artist campaigns and content initiatives can improve the user premium experience, increase efficiency in conversion, bring in new user groups and provide a competitive advantage for Spotify
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of relevant industry experience from numbers-driven and analytical marketing environments – perhaps in an online consumer business (eg. e-commerce, mobile startup or online media), FMCG or a creative agency. BA, MA or MBA degrees from a competitive school in Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred
- You are an experienced project manager with a proven track record of driving big projects and leading teams in cooperation. You can point to specific examples of when your personal contribution and relentless tenacity made a difference
- You have managed online marketing campaigns before and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves when needed to execute things yourself (programming e-mails, pulling queries or Photoshop image tweaks). You are knowledgeable of the required tools and skills (Google analytics, basic HTML editing, e-mail management, Photoshop, etc), and if not, you’re an eager and fast learner.
- You have a strategic mind and can derive insights, recommendations and action plans from qualitative market trends, consumer feedback and large data sets.
- You have a proven track record of leading and executing complex projects independently, and in getting things done in a larger organisation where you have dependencies on other teams.
- You are also opportunistic and scrappy and can capture and execute opportunities as they arise, even under tight deadlines
- You have a passion not only for music itself but for the fast-changing ways that we consume content
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.