At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. The fast-moving, high-impact Premium team at Spotify is responsible for converting free Spotify users to our paid tier Spotify Premium, which provides the world’s best music experience on all platforms.
We’re looking for a highly motivated talent to join our Premium team to drive our conversion efforts in the recently launched MEA markets. The role will be based in either our London or Dubai office with frequent travel to the other location and to the MEA markets. As a key member of the Premium team, your mission will be to plan and execute a conversion plan for MEA with the goal of driving paid subscriber growth and retention.
What you’ll do
- Understand the customer, the Premium portfolio, industry, and behaviours in MEA markets, and based on that identify, recommend, and execute crucial elements needed to realise subscriber profitability, retention and growth
- Drive the idea generation and lead execution for campaigns in the region, A/B-tests, price promotions, local landing pages and upgrade flow optimizations – from brainstorming to launched campaigns and post analysis
- Plan and execute local programs and campaigns. This includes working with designers, copywriters and data analysts to create compelling marketing assets; operating CMS and CRM tools to ship e-mails, push notifications and in-client communications; and coordinating other teams involved in campaign execution like payments, web and performance marketing
- Drive research and insights for Premium enhancements in the region. And collect and analyze data on the user, checkout flows and marketing asset performance for insights about conversion improvement opportunities
- Work closely with other teams in the region (eg. Consumer marketing, PR, Content, Label relations) to ensure that we maximise retention and growth opportunities across all the business levers that we have at our disposal
- You will be an important member of the Premium team and work closely with the rest of the global Premium team in executing Premium growth and retention initiatives
Who you are
- You have a total of approximately 7-9 years relevant professional experience with both experience working in a rigorous and analytical environment and at least 2+ years professional experience in online consumer business, probably in e-commerce, online media or at a mobile start-up
- You speak English and Arabic fluently and have good knowledge and insights into the MEA consumer online market
- You have managed online marketing campaigns before and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to executing things yourself (programming e-mails, pulling queries or Photoshop image tweaks).
- You are knowledgeable of the required tools and skills (Google analytics, basic HTML editing, e-mail management, Photoshop, etc), and if not, you’re an eager and fast learner
- You have a strategic mind and can derive insights, recommendations and action plans from qualitative market trends, consumer feedback and large data sets
- You have a proven track record of leading and executing complex projects independently and in getting things done in a larger organisation where you have dependencies on other teams
- You are also opportunistic and scrappy and can capture and execute opportunities as they arise, even under very tight deadlines
- You have a strong personality, are self-motivated and driven, and are comfortable working remotely from other team members and senior leaders, but even so manage to stay in sync by being an excellent communicator
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or a similar degree
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.