Spotify has rapidly become one of the most powerful promotional platforms for artists and content. The Content Promotion team strives to harness that power, building and optimizing campaigns on-platform which help artists and content creators reach their audience, and yield as much value as possible for Spotify, Creators and the music industry ecosystem.
We develop holistic plans to continually expand, improve and optimize the effectiveness of Spotify as a promotional platform for content. The role will ensure that those plans are rooted in robust analysis and understanding of how our tools perform and their potential to drive business objectives.
The role will be based in New York and report into the Head of Content Promotion.
What you’ll do:
- Productize day-to-day analytics and insights support for Spotify´s Content Promotion team, including building tools to monitor the performance of various promotional surfaces
- Build data pipelines across multiple different systems that provide scalable insights
- Analyze specific campaigns and their success, and translate that analysis into actionable insights for our stakeholders
- Design KPIs for various content contexts – including podcasts and new music releases – which drive success for a range of business goals
- Drive optimization and best practices, to help improve our decision-making on which content to support, and execution of how we support them
- Create a testing agenda to understand how best to use Spotify’s user-comms tools to create new promotional opportunities for content
Who you are:
- You have experience in a marketing, advertising, tech or content-driven business
- You have at least 2 years experience performing data analysis
- You can analyze data relating to performance, forecasting, and optimization of promotional surfaces
- You enjoy taking initiative, with the ability to spot strategic new opportunities as they arise and solve loosely defined problems.
- You are an excellent communicator who can translate learnings to a broad range of business stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Strong Excel and G Suite skills are essential. It is preferred that you have the technical competence to perform data extraction and analysis:
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Experience with SQL or R
- Strong understanding of BigQuery
- Data Visualization experience (e.g., Tableau, Qliksense)
- Fluent in English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.