We are looking for a broadly experienced Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows and Editorial team in New York. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres and demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Identify and substantiate playlists hypotheses for specific moods, moments and activities such as – but not limited to – Workout, Cooking, Chill, Focus or Sleep.
- Curate and maintain a large number of playlists, for a global audience
- Review catalogues of music across a multitude of genres and evaluate programming potential
- Stay up to date with trends and culture, and translate them to compelling music propositions
- Using quantitative and qualitative data, analyse and understand consumer behaviour especially pertaining to mood and moments programming
- Initiate, execute and follow up on strategic content initiatives and bets, and work with other editors across all markets
- Working with our Global Editorial Team, and other cross-functional teams in the company, to progress towards various content objectives
- Work from our office in New York
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of previous experience from working in the music or entertainment industry
- You have experience from programming music (preferably functional), making compilations, or as a music supervisor
- The ideal candidate has previously worked with music for film, TV or commercials or as an A&R
- Passionate about all kinds of music – from a wide array of genres, styles and eras – specifically non-mainstream artist and genres
- For US applicants: knowledge about latin music and genres is meriting
- You probably already obsessively make playlists to fit all situations and moments in your own life
- The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of music composition and instrumentation
- Ability and willingness to work with and respond to data and analytics
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.