At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. We’re in 65 markets…and counting! We aim to revolutionize the way people consume music, and we’ll need some very talented people to help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a broadly experienced Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows – and Editorial team in Stockholm. In this role will you identify and curate first-rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our kids and family offerings. You demonstrate a real passion for performance oriented analytics. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will identify and substantiate playlists hypotheses for specific audiences and different segments
- Curate and maintain a large number of playlists, for a global audience
- You will review catalogs of music across genres and evaluate programming potential for our youngest users
- Stay up to date with trends and culture within the family segment, and translate them to compelling music propositions
- You will be using quantitative and qualitative data, analyze and understand consumer behavior and make decisions from there
- You will build fun and creative content themes and concepts tailored for Kids and families
- Working with our Global Editorial Team, and other cross-functional teams in the company, to progress towards various content objectives
Who you are
- You have previous experience from working in the music, media or entertainment industry, experienced in programming content, making compilations or as a music supervisor
- You are experienced in working with music for gaming, film/TV or commercials. Previous experience in Gaming or from a Kids/Family app developer is valued highly
- You are passionate about all kinds of music – from a wide array of genres, styles, and eras
- With the global aspect of the role are we looking for someone that speaks at least two languages fluently: English and additional Portuguese, Spanish or German are particularly interesting
- Ability and willingness to work with and respond to data and analytics
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change
- You pay attention to details and you are a strong communicator. You have a team spirit, a strong work ethic, and a warm friendly attitude
Please attach your resume in English.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.