Spotify’s Partner Solutions team is looking for a Content Manager to create engaging content and experiences for Spotify Ad Studio, our self-serve audio advertising platform. In this role, you’ll oversee the strategy and creation of content for Ad Studio’s website, including articles, videos, education guides, digital assets, success stories and social media, with a content approach that is grounded in taking users along the customer journey. The right candidate is a writing and storytelling pro with editorial project management skills, critical thinking, and a keen ability to understand customer needs and translate them into self-serve, insights-driven digital content aligned to business goals.
This role reports to the Associate Creative Director of Partner Solutions and is based in New York. You will be part of the creative team that supports Partner Solutions, working closely with the Monetization Product Marketing team, as well as the Ad Studio designer and UI design lead.
What you’ll do:
- Work hand in hand with the Ad Studio team to become an expert on our self-serve audio advertising platform, translating business needs into content ideas and strong briefs.
- Lead the content development process from brief to execution, collaborating with stakeholders across the team.
- Maintain editorial calendar and liaise with Spotify for Brands editorial and B2B Communication lead to ensure holistic messaging alignment and synergy across Spotify’s ads business.
- Write engaging content in the Spotify tone of voice that demonstrates an understanding of the small business and music endemic customer needs are in order to achieve business goals. Shepard content through an approval process that includes multiple stakeholders. Address feedback, push content live and measure performance against KPIs.
- Work hand in hand with the Ad Studio designer to create an array of varied, visually engaging content from editorial pieces, to videos, to how-to based content to targeted email campaigns.
- Shape the future of our Ad Studio platform through the content you create.
Who you are:
- You have 8+ plus years of experience in content creation across multiple formats, including how-to content, ad copy, video scripts, articles and education based B2b digital content.
- You can think critically and execute flawlessly.
- You are customer needs driven and able to draft copy and content ideas built to address those needs effectively. You’ve worked cross functionally to understand customer needs across segments and fuel the content strategy based on that.
- You can communicate technical and instructional messages with imagination and clarity.
- You have Global and B2B experience and fluency in digital streaming, music, brands and advertising.
- You think big, you can concept how one idea can flex across communication channels.
- You have exceptional editorial skills: a keen understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives in different content formats, guide contributors, and keep creative work streams on track.
- You have the proven ability to manage multiple projects with a solution-oriented mindset.
- You effectively and proactively communicate priorities and principles to a variety of stakeholders.
- You have a proven track record working closely with digital designers to build content from scratch.
- You are data-driven and analytical in your approach and regularly use data to guide decisions.
- You collaborate well and bring a positive energy to the team.
- You’re a big thinker who is also scrappy.
- You are well-versed in publishing content in a CMS (we use Contentful!).
- You are fluent in media publishing tools including Keynote, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- You welcome feedback, can easily revise content based on stakeholder feedback, are accustomed to speed, and motivated by a fast paced and high performing team.
- You have experience working with audio as a medium.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.