We are looking for a Content Insights intern to #JoinTheBand this summer. We at Content Insights provide content guidance and research support to the overall Content team at Spotify. We take a holistic approach to answer some of Spotify’s deepest questions about music in general, how it’s consumed, and what the overall media landscape looks like. Our team employs analysts with a wide variety of skillsets, including data science, consumer research, market analysis, and industry analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts and business owners to enhance our data-driven decision making
Who you are:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certificate in Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative research discipline
- You have a passion for numbers and the use of data to make decisions
- You have technical competience to perform analytics in one or more of the following areas:
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as R, SPSS, or SQL)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience conducting user- or market-level research
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is January 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late January, 2018 – Mid February, 2018: Application Review
- Late February, 2018 – March, 2018: Google Hangout Interviews
- March, 2018 – April, 2018: Offers given out
- June, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.