We’re now looking for a Content Infringement and Moderation Manager to join our team in NYC and be part of the Content Operations team.
Content Operations are responsible for the planning, management and ingestion of music, video and podcasts, and improving the user experience through metadata curation. Content Operations proactively and reactively monitor the catalogue to ensure all incoming content is in line with Spotify’s internal standards. We’re looking for a person that has a high degree of knowledge of music and the culture around it, combined with a strong background in technical content management.
What you’ll do
- Ensure we ingest a high quality of content (metadata, audio, cover art, etc) from partners
- Process different types of incoming infringement claims efficiently and be the liaison between rights holders/claimants and Spotify Content and Legal department
- Analyse and curate content to adhere our Metadata Style Guide, Infringement Guidelines and Internal Policies
- Continuously improve processes, tools and documentation regarding the handling of infringement claims
- Analyse large data sets and report back both internally and externally
- Work cross-functionally with a range of teams at Spotify including Artist & Label Marketing, Trust and Safety, PR, Licensing, Legal, Customer Support and R&D to ensure that operations are effective.
- Communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical internal and external partners in an understandable way
- Troubleshoot infringement related issues as well as policy violations and escalate accordingly
- Work with our developers to improve and progress our catalogue management system
- Process and review a range of sensitive content on Spotify platform to ensure there are no violations of policies and that users are safe on the platform
- Ensure content complies with all published policies, procedures and any legal and regulatory requirements that the company is obliged to adhere to
Who you are
- You are fluent in English.
- You have at least two years of relevant experience in the music industry and/or experience of working with moderation of content
- You have experience of supply chain management
- You have experience with content analysis, customer support or similar and/or technical operational skills
- You have a strong understanding of, and an interest in, music, copyright and technology
- You can build strong working relationships with external providers
- You are capable to meet tight deadlines and will be focused on execution
- You have a systematic approach to identify solutions and are able to take initiative for the team
- You are adaptable, and a quick learner who thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- You are a multi-tasker, with excellent time-management and organisational skills
- You are a self starter, with the ability to take ownership of technical work streams
- You are analytically minded and competent to interpret complex data
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.