Spotify is seeking a Content Accountant to support the global content accounting operations team. Our ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience within financial controlling, preferably in the content, music or similar environment. Strong internship experience coupled with an excitement to learn the space will be considered as well. The position is based in NYC.
What you’ll do
- Preparation and/or review of monthly account reconciliations, role forwards and flux analysis.
- Execution of monthly global content accounting close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting.
- Assist in the implementation of best practices in the content team to scale our business and support the global expansion plans.
- Partner with team to develop and/or refine content accounting processes and procedures.
- Support external, 3rd party and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Work cross functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Content, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business management with an accounting concentration required
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience of financial controlling, strong internship experience will be considered.
- You will possess a strong knowledge and acumen of accounting principles.
- Experience with major ERP systems preferred (Oracle, SAP or Netsuite).
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- You have a proven Interest in the music business and music royalties
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Previous experience of IFRS and/or SOX is an advantage
- Experience with SQL is a bonus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.