Spotify is the world’s most popular music streaming service. Spotify has fundamentally altered the way consumers and artists interact with music, offering a platform through which users can discover, manage and share over 35 million songs, as well as curated radio stations and approximately 2 billion playlists built by Spotify’s in-house teams, or contributors from their global community. The company offers a freemium model and currently has circa 170 million users worldwide, with 75 million of these being paid users who subscribe to the Premium model (which is ad-free, offers unlimited track selections and offline play). Subscriptions remain the main source of revenue, in addition to third party advertisers, which pay Spotify for exposure to consumers using the free service.
Spotify was founded ten years ago in Stockholm by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon, co-founder of TradeDoubler, with the aim of creating a credible alternative to internet piracy that would get consumers paying for music again. By allowing users to sample a range of tracks without committing to purchasing an album, Spotify has reinvigorated the industry and transformed music consumption into an on-demand and affordable activity. Spotify is the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.
At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. Today we are seeking a marketing manager to help support further growth in the Indonesia. People have an incredibly emotional connection to music and it is your mission to make sure people in Indonesia develop such a connection through Spotify.
Reporting to the Head of Consumer Marketing (SEA), the Marketing Manager will have the responsibility to Spotify’s global marketing goals, and accountable to reaching the target KPIs in the Indonesia. To do this, you will develop the local strategy and execution plan to reach them. You will be a part of the regional marketing and support regional efforts, but will have a focused responsibility for communicating with and growing the Indonesia base of consumers.
You will work with cross-functional teams across content, creator and other commercial functions to effectively acquire, activate and retain Spotify consumers in South East Asia. This individual will work in a fast growing, dynamic environment where charisma, creativity and strategic thinking are essential to this success. You will be part of the Spotify South East Asia Regional team as well as part of the Global Consumer Marketing organisation.
What you’ll do
We seek an strong marketing executive to support the regional marketing team, with a strong emphasis in driving growth in one of our key strategic markets: Indonesia. You will drive the development of Spotify’s marketing strategy in the Indonesia, plan and flawlessly execute to reach hearts and minds of new and existing Spotify Fans.
- Develop, execute and optimize local and regional marketing strategies.
- Drive initiatives in collaboration with external media agencies and internal creative partners ensuring all marketing activity feels local, personal and delivers measurable user growth and/or retention.
- Together with the consumer marketing and cross functional stakeholders, define the Indonesia consumer strategy–latter up to the regional consumer marketing strategy where it makes sense, ensuring all local activity is linked directly to regional brand and user growth targets
- Play a pivotal role in the execution of Spotify Indonesia’ digital strategy, defining how best to connect with our consumers with relevant content to targeted audiences
- Work closely with the Artist and Label teams to understand content priorities, and support artist releases
- Partner with the consumer insights team to schedule a regular cadence of analyzing brand metrics, consumer analysis, disseminating feedback with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the growth/performance marketing teams globally to drive all facets of the consumer funnel. Localize Global campaigns when relevant.
- Work closely with the Marketing Analytics team to produce campaign retrospectives, to uncover insights and inform future initiatives and help demonstrate the return on investment.
Who you are:
- Prior experience with a global consumer brand in South East Asia required. Indonesia experience required
- A ‘roll up the sleeves’ self-starter with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience working in consumer marketing, brand management, or agency experience
- Media background a plus. Experience with managing external creative, social, media agency relationships in South East Asia
- Experience in the full marketing lifecycle including devising, creating, executing, and tracking consumer paid advertising campaigns to drive key brand metrics is essential.
- You thoroughly understand the competitive digital landscape, mobile + social platforms and their impact on popular culture
- Experience and understanding of content marketing a plus
- You have demonstrated experience in tailoring global brands to the South East Asian audience, managing marketing partners and executing successful campaigns accordingly
- You have strong experience in marketing manager roles ideally within the consumer-facing web, electronics, entertainment or mobile industry
- You have solid knowledge of the digital advertising industry with a strong professional network of media, marketing and brand advertising professionals
- Proven track record of converting high-level business and marketing strategy into tangible, effective local marketing execution across channels
- End-to-end experience of the marketing process from initial briefing all the way to execution.
- Highly customer obsessed and data literate. Able to interrogate market, consumer and customer data and present recommendations on market and consumer
- You easily collaborate with and lead cross functional, cross-regional teams, and understand how to drive consensus
- You can work autonomously in an unstructured environment
- You are able to change direction and work on multiple projects across a wide range of topics/businesses.
- You exhibit curiosity, proactively solve problems, and get things done with a positive attitude
- Fluent in English. Proficient in Bahasa Indonesia
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.