Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Today, we are the world’s most popular global audio streaming subscription service with over 232 million users, including over 100 million Spotify Premium subscribers, across 79 markets.
This role will manage all communications, internal and external, to support a senior leader for Spotify’s Legal team.
The role is ultimately responsible for all communications for this leader that ladders up to the Legal team’s overall business objectives, goals and audiences for the company — as well as, the Legal team leader’s goals. In this role, you are expected to have strong business acumen, writing and project management skills, as well as effective engagement with stakeholders across the company and at the very highest level across the business.
With a heavy emphasis on internal communications, this role will be responsible for conceiving and executing written, visual, and live communications supporting the Legal senior leader with support of the organization as a whole and potentially supporting larger initiatives. This can include but is not limited to writing/editing on behalf of leadership (talking points, announcements, Op-eds, key messages, decks/slides, and more) as well as guiding/creating the messaging strategy and QA’s for Legal initiatives. You should be familiar with the Legal team’s culture and business priorities and how they ladder up to company objectives, as well as how to create understanding and connectivity with the rest of the company.
This role will be a direct report to Spotify’s Global Director of Corporate Communications and Reputation and will be dotted to the Legal team.
What you’ll do
- Manage and lead Legal communications for Spotify, with an emphasis on internal education and distribution
- Develop and execute on Legal leadership communications strategy to ensure clear and consistent messaging across Spotify
- Maintain an ongoing, line-of-sight engagement strategy around Legal’s goals and initiatives for an internal audience
- Foster a strong team culture and consistent and transparent approach to two way communications
- Improve the use of multiple channels and potentially develop new ones to reach and engage Legal employees in interactive and engaging ways; look for opportunities to storytell as appropriate on external owned channels
- Develop a robust, comprehensive employee communication plan for the organization that integrates critical initiative-communication needs, drives clarity and action to appropriate audiences in support of the company culture
- Identify, vet and staff executive positioning opportunities for Legal lead and other designated speakers from the Legal team
- Support internal communications, crisis and critical issues and other corporate comms initiatives involving the Legal team
- Flex into special projects across Communications
Who you are
- 7-10 years relevant experience in communications with an internal focus on legal teams and related issues
- A proven ability to create and drive successful communications campaigns – with a focus on internal audiences and improving employee sentiment and engagement
- Executive presence and team leadership
- Passion for music, podcasting and technology
This is a challenging, exciting and hugely rewarding role working in a dynamic industry at a defining moment. Come join us.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.