The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Every day, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm and London.
We are looking for an experienced Communications Designer to join a team at Spotify that helps listeners decide what to play next. In this role, you’ll partner with key stakeholders to help transform complex topics into engaging stories and presentations for the purpose of internal communication. You’ll bring data and technology to life through informative visuals and thoughtful narratives. You’ll play a vital part in helping your fellow teammates become more effective in representing and communicating their work through various mediums.
What you’ll do
- You will mix the right level of clarity, creativity and inspiration to create designs that help better communicate products and initiatives.
- You will produce enhanced visuals in various forms such as data visualizations, slide decks, motion design and video.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with senior stakeholders, Operations, Product Managers, Product Insights and other Designers team to create elegant and practical solutions to design challenges.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership over your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Work from our office in NYC or Boston.
Who you are
- You’re a system thinking designer with 5+ years of related experience, working on visual identity and design at scale with a strong attention to detail.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the experience of mentoring others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible skills, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
We’re looking for designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.