Spotify is seeking a dynamic, creative Comedy Podcast Producer. Under the Comedy Lead in the Studios organization, this role will serve as the producer for all elements of pre-production, production, and distribution of Spotify’s internal Comedy-focused podcasts. This includes managing and producing content for publication across all platforms as well as all aspects of audio production.
You’ll be based in New York and part of a team focused on developing a diverse slate of original comedy podcast programming.
What you’ll do
- Handle all aspects of audio production: scheduling, recording, assembling, mixing, and publication of episodes, including recording interviews in the field and at events when necessary.
- Oversee the final check of internally created podcasts and publishing as each episode goes live on platforms.
- Manage the production schedule for new shows including story selection, writing scripts, recording the host, sponsorship spots, and in-house announcements.
- Provide ongoing feedback to help talent reach their full potential.
- Communicate regularly and in a timely manner with podcast hosts, story directors, and storytellers throughout the production process.
- Contribute fresh ideas to keep content exciting and innovative, including suggestion of themes, stories, and content for upcoming episodes.
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer to plan the arc of podcast seasons.
- Develop new ideas for current podcasts and brainstorm ideas for special episodes.
- Help build and shape an expanding portfolio of podcasts within our team.
Who you are
- 3-4 years related work experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the comedy community, talent reps and industry players is ideal.
- Proficiency with ProTools, Hindenburg, Megaphone, and Anchor strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with presentation decks and data pulls.
- Comfort with utilizing the Google Suite in work setting preferred.
- Ability to maintain high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience recording in a studio setting, as well as in the field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and an ease with people from different cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Comfort and experience with interacting with talent and talent reps.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.