Spotify is looking for a Client SDK Engineer to join our Creator engineering organization. You will forge new ground pursuit of our mission to give a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work. If you’re interested in building out the next revolution in the music industry and helping artists succeed in their careers, come join us.
As a Client SDK Engineer, you will work in the C++ Spotify client library, used by the desktop, iOS, and Android client containers. Creator teams often build new features with capabilities not yet seen in the Spotify product. As a result, they often need to extend existing client library features or build entirely new modules. You will support these teams as they build new products to support labels, artists and their managers.
What you’ll do
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Develop solutions in our C/C++ client SDK deployed to millions of users.
- Architect, develop and operate Java-based APIs and services deployed to millions of users.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend and client developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who you are
- You’re an experienced C++ developer with at least 5 years of experience, who has been involved in a number of large-scale C++ projects.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions. You are proficient in some of the following: Java, C, and C++ and Python.
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.