At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We are looking for an outstanding Client Director to grow our team in London. This team plays a critical role in developing senior business relationships and partnerships with the media and marketing teams of our Tier 1 clients, with the goal of increasing their advertising spend on Spotify. Working across a specific vertical, i.e. FMCG, Entertainment, etc, you will build deeper relationships with existing clients and open doors to acquire new opportunities from the UK’s biggest advertisers.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with our key clients across your verticals, allowing us to better understand their businesses and position Spotify as an invaluable partner in overcoming their strategic challenges
- Raise awareness and understanding of Spotify’s advertising and data capabilities on the client side, whilst providing our local agency sales team with insight on inbound campaigns and business objectives of their key clients
- Work closely with the wider agency sales and global accounts teams to create successful ad campaigns, build meaningful partnerships and drive a measurable increase in spending from our Tier 1 target clients
- Sell cross-channel solutions through both direct and programmatic channels – video, mobile, audio formats, and other creative opportunities, as well as building trading parameters and deals where necessary
- You will be a passionate advocate for the Spotify Sales program, P.A.C.T
- Represent Spotify at events and serve as a brand ambassador, communicating our core narratives and reinforcing the strong position Spotify holds in the marketplace
- Accurate working, reporting daily and weekly and timely insights about your business and customers are vital. Use of Salesforce is required as a primary method of managing your day to day
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals
Who you are
- You have 6+ years of experience in an (online) sales role or media agency with at least 2 years of client facing experience as part of that role
- You will preferably have a strong network of contacts within your verticals, but will also be adept at identifying new clients and contacts through various resources, including LinkedIn and ALF, and are confident in initiating relationships with new contacts
- You have knowledge of online and offline media, experience of programmatic is preferable, and have the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions
- You have phenomenal communications skills and are a networking superstar with the confidence to build relationships at all levels, from c-level to junior
- You have strong presentation as well as negotiation skills and a good record in closing deals
- You are used to driving things forward as an individual contributor, yet you are a great teammate
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Psst! If this job is your perfect match and you want some inside tips before you apply, read this blog post by our Head of Talent Acquisition Fredrik Johnsson.