Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a C++ engineer to join the Home Platforms squad, a group dedicated to bringing Spotify to TV and game consoles in the home. Our team works closely with our hardware partners to build deeper integrations with specific strategic partners — big names like Playstation, Xbox, and Google Home.
This is very much a partner-facing role, and experience working with partners or clients in the past is critical. You will meet regularly with partners like Microsoft and Google to discuss the status of your projects and to help triage issues as they arise, so comfort and experience in this setting is very important.
Technically speaking, you will primarily be helping to maintain, debug, and develop features on what we call the TV Bridge, the C++-based software layer between our embedded SDK and our native “container” apps. This layer exposes an audio pipeline and several other key Spotify features to our various container apps. These can be written in anything from Java to C++ and even a bit of Brightscript, so it’s a plus if you’ve got experience working with other languages, platforms, and stacks.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Bind our front and back end services together Monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs.
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code .
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and analysts.
- Meet regularly with partners to discuss and triage issues Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with some of the best web engineers in the company.
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be.
- Have the opportunity to participate in annual company-wide hack week.
Who you are
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You have a working understanding of object oriented and functional programming paradigms You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and music.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas You value team success over personal success.
- You are not afraid of trying and learning technologies that are new to you
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area and music experience are bonuses.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.