Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Spotify’s engineers are creative problem solvers focusing on building a fantastic music listening experience for millions of our end-users and artists. They work together in autonomous teams that are responsible for their missions and independently identify, prioritize and solve the problems they face. If you are great at teamwork and also know how to design simple, efficient and testable software, then you’re the one we are looking for!
We are looking for C++ engineers for our Playback team in Gothenburg. We focus on the infrastructure required to power the signature Spotify music player experience.
What you’ll do
- Continuously integration to the shared C++ library powering audio streaming in our iOS, Android and Desktop clients
- Streaming audio efficiently over the Internet
- Using Big Data and machine learning to improve users’ playback experience
- Enabling low latency playback even in the most challenging network conditions
- Making sure offlining tracks works reliably and intuitively
- Ensuring quality through automated testing
Who you are
- You architect, design, develop and maintain C++ code in symbiosis with a handful of other languages
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices
- You have an interest in either audio or networking, or both
- Cooperation with others while solving complex problems is natural for you and you really want to make a difference
- End-user experience, high quality, agile values and modern engineering practices are what drives you
- You have been working for a couple of years with software development and probably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent such as Physics or Electrical Engineering
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- You would work from our awesome office in Gothenburg. If you don’t already live here, Spotify can help with your relocation.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.