Business Operations Project Manager, Spotify Studios
Spotify Studios is the team that oversees all relationships, development, and production associated with podcasts, video, and originally recorded singles.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join Spotify Studios’ Business Operations team. This is a generalist role that offers the opportunity to wear many hats and sit at the intersections between many parts of the business.
If you enjoy fast-paced, high-energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love music and podcasts, and have a track record of multi-tasking and helping to solve complex problems, this is the role for you.
This role is based in New York or London and reports to the Head of Business Operations, Spotify Studios.
What you’ll do:
- Manage communications for the global team, creating and maintaining the forums and channels needed for effective decision-making and information sharing (e.g. newsletters, All Hands, team meetings, Workplace groups, etc.)
- Own, lead, and scope various projects, ensuring that they’re properly staffed and planned, that decision-making structures and communication channels are well defined, and that deadlines are met
- Oversee the maintenance of our content development pipeline, ensuring records are kept up to date and holding regular slate review meetings for team leadership and stakeholders from across the business
- Assist with quarterly and annual forecasting and planning, tracking down updates and inputs for budgets, opex, and staffing
- Build processes and comms around cadenced operational activities, such as annual reviews, quarterly earnings calls, quarterly forecasts, etc.
- Some event planning, including offsites and workshops for team leadership and cross-functional groups
- Work closely with our Learning & Development lead to identify development opportunities and learning curriculums for the team
- Build presentations for the VP of Studios and Head of Business Operations for internal and external speaking engagements
- Take a lead role in standardizing and implementing onboarding for new hires on the team
- Act as a key touchpoint between the Studios team and its cross-functional stakeholders, being well versed in team strategy, goals and content pipeline
- Work closely with other operations teams that sit in the Content Business Unit
- Facilitate, plan, and document retroactives on high-stake team projects upon their completion
Who you are:
- BS or BA with 4+ years experience working in a consulting or operational capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Energetic and enthusiastic, striving to bring people together and finding reasons to celebrate our successes
- Business-minded and passionate about the potential of leading multiple stakeholders toward achieving a common goal and using your expertise in managing projects to transform our business
- A self-starter with excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Creative, innovative, confident, flexible and enthusiastic to assume responsibility and accountability
- You strive for clarity and keep track of details as the project is forming
- You look for opportunities to improve how the team works together
- You are able to drive teams to decisions
- You focus on continuous, iterative delivery, and “working out loud”
- You are equally comfortable engaging with creatives, product owners, senior staff and external partners
- You are based in New York and available to travel ~15% of the time
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.