Spotify Studios is looking for a Project Lead to join our Business Operations team. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and passionate about the digital entertainment space in general and podcasts in particular. In this role, you’ll oversee business-side operations for Parcast Studios, with a particular focus on forecasting and planning, measurement and reporting, and ensuring efficiency between Parcast and Spotify Studios as well as the broader organization.
If you enjoy fast-paced, high-energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love music and podcasts, and have a track record of multi-tasking and helping to solve complex problems, this is the role for you.
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Head of Business Operations, Spotify Studios.
What you’ll do
- Oversee all aspects of Parcast’s budget and act as a conduit to Studios production accounting
- Produce financial reporting broken down across various requirements, including quarterly forecasting, monthly financial reports, weekly financial snapshots, and per-episode costs
- Maintain mid- to long-range forecasting for Parcast, starting with production forecasts and extrapolating into headcount and production capacity needed
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Collaborate with our internal finance and analytics teams to evaluate and communicate financial performance of organization with regard to operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Provide insight and recommendations, including internal and external content trends, to inform short- and long-term growth plan and to assist Parcast’s MD in related decision making
- Provide bi-weekly reports into Spotify financial and accounting teams
- Work alongside Parcast MD and Licensing to ensure deals are structured to support Parcast’s overall KPIs
- Manage records and reporting for Parcast’s slate of programming
- Facilitate commercial go-to-market in partnership with our sales team
- Collaborate with marketing team to apply learnings from marketing investments for future decision making
Who you are
- You have 7+ years of total accounting or finance experience within the entertainment industry
- You have a Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA preferred)
- You have excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills
- You are a self-starter with excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.