Soundtrap is a collaborative, cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017 we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to make music making available for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
With us, anyone with an interest in audio making can create their sound recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
You will be setting up data science research projects for our Creator growth team, with the aim of continuously identifying areas of improvements and drive implementation of these. You will have access to vast amounts of user data from our own database, as well as third party data from the digital advertising eco-system. You will be responsible for making sure that our tagging structure is always up to date and that data from different sources are made comparable and gathered in one place. Your analyses will result in improvements of our KPIs that we use internally to measure success.
Being our expert within data science, you will take user analytics and consumer insight to the next level to drive growth. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, markets, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. You are expected to build up your domain from the ground but doing so, you will have access to some of the world’s greatest mind within data science across the Spotify family. Above all, your work will impact the way the world creates music.
- Perform analysis on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
- AB testing
- Fast running growth improvement sprints
- Dig deep into terabytes of event-level data to make recommendations on how to improve growth
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
Who you are
We believe that you need at least a couple of years experience from working in a similar data science role. You are expected to independently define and refine how we optimize the way we work, and we believe that you tick most of these boxes:
An extensive understanding of the principles of science, data science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Deep knowledge of databases and user metrics in digital environments
- Experience with AB testing, and can quickly interpret and distill AB test results.
- Some operational experience of Python, R or similar language to perform analysis.
- Some experience building query logic to databases SQL, BigQuery or similar language
- Knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem as well as campaign measurement tactics and metrics (impressions, CTR, GRPs, etc.).
- Experience with Digital Attribution and understand the differences between attribution systems (last interaction, rule-based, fractional)
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Familiarity with media mix / econometric modeling
You thrive in that type of company environment where everything is dynamic and where you are encouraged to challenge yourself and be the best you can be every day. Working with data and analytics is your idea of paradise and you get motivated by taking user friendliness to a level beyond expectation.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.