We are looking for a Business Marketing Associate for South East Asia who will be responsible for maintaining B2B marketing efforts. Spotify’s free tier is supported by advertising revenue and the Business Marketing team is responsible for growing awareness of and intent to buy advertising inventory on Spotify.
You will be an expert in bringing compelling narratives and materials to market, engaging with clients through events and programs, and working with local advertising communities to maintain our position as tier one advertising partners. You will also be partnering closely with our Ad Sales team to consult, manage and execute business marketing activities across the SEA region. You will report into the Business Marketing Manager, Asia who is based in Singapore.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and audio.
What you’ll do:
- Consult regional Ad Sales team to identify in-market opportunities and make recommendations to drive education and encouragement around Spotify for Brands
- Support Strategic Marketing in maintaining regional digital channels for South East Asian markets, including, but not limited to, social, paid media, website blog and monthly e-newsletter
- Identify how to best reach brands, media agencies and creative agencies and produce Spotify events in a cost effective and scalable way
- Leverage existing event frameworks being used in other markets, develop and execute culturally relevant activations that educate, inspire and create evangelists within brands and agencies.
- Ideate and produce regional Spotify for Brands merchandise and collaterals
- Support any trade PR in conjunction with PR team, Content & Insights and regional Ad Sales team
- Identify key trade organization to partner with and act as Spotify’s liaison
- Manage local vendor relationships and ensure PO and invoice process is adhered to and tracked internally
- Manage the regional activity calendar and ensure they are up to date
- Recap all activities and measurement KPIs, highlighting insights and success for further global roll-out
- Work closely with the Business Marketing Manager in building processes and streamlining efforts across the SEA region and to identify challenges and provide solutions that align to Spotify for Brands value proposition and work within available budgets and resources
Who You Are:
- You have a BA or an equivalent degree
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in the media and marketing environment, preferably but not necessarily in a similar B2B marketing role
- You have a deep understanding of the media landscape within South East Asia; experience working both autonomously, as part of a small nimble team, and cross-functionally with different departments both locally and internationally
- You have the ability to mix creativity with strategic thinking and demonstrate strong organizational and prioritization skills
- You have the ability to manage and adhere to a budget, as well as negotiate vendor rates
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- Knowledge of digital and social marketing channels
- Experience in using Keynote, PowerPoint, and Adobe (Photoshop and Illustrator) is a plus
- You will likely to travel overseas (up to 30%)
- Speaking South East Asian language is a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.